- Apply a logical step-by-step process to produce a sound marketing plan.
- Devise a marketing plan that builds on marketing audit findings.
- Use marketing audit findings to identify effective strategies and tactics.
- Develop the components of the strategic marketing plan.
- Identify and implement the different marketing warfare strategies (offensive, defensive and flanking).
The Marketing Concept
- Scope and Functions
- A New Approach to Marketing
- Competitive Pressures Changing the World
- The Smart Bomb Strategic Approach
The Marketing Planning Process
- The Benefits of Planning
- The Marketing Plan Format
- The Marketing Planning Process
- Setting S.M.A.R.T Objectives and Goals
- Linking the Marketing Strategy to the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Company
The Business Situation Analysis
- Understanding the Framework for Competitive Analysis
- Competitive and Customer Analysis
- Environmental Analysis
- SWOT and TOWS Analysis
- Portfolio Analysis and Design (The Boston Consulting Group Matrix)
Planning Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Basis for Segmentation
- Benefits of Segmentation
- The Market Segmentation Process
- Effective Positioning
- Creating a Powerful Value Proposition
- Considering Different Strategic Alternatives (TOWS Analysis)
- Analyzing Different Marketing Strategies
- The Growth Strategy Matrix
- Factors Shaping the Choice of Strategy
- Blue Ocean versus Red Ocean Strategies
Tactical Planning Applications
- Setting the Scene: The Marketing Mix
- The Components of the Marketing Mix
- Using The Marketing Mix Model
Putting It All Together
- Writing Your Own Marketing Plan Online